Welcome to the Photo Gallery!
Pics are organized first by country, and then by category. An
explanation of the categories is at the bottom
of this page.
In order to make things faster and easier for those of you using modems,
each category page has a series of thumbnails (small pics) for your
perusal. To get the full-sized pic, click on the small pic that you
want to look see. Pics were scanned in to take up most of the screen at
a resolution of 1024x800 and take up from 100-400k, averaging about 150k.
- I'm not particularly religious myself, but I love cathedrals for
their three "A's": art, architecture and ambience. Whether it's inside or
out, if it has to do with a Cathedral, it's here. NOTE: This also includes
all major religious buildings! Any impressive mosques, temples (modern, not ancient)
or synagogues will also be found in this category. Ancient temples are in
Monuments And Famous Stuff. Tiny churches are more "scenic" to me, so they'd be
- Ever seen The Tonight Show with Jay Leno? Every night, he shows a series of
funny newspaper clippings, ads, headlines, etc. Most of them are either
misprints or miswordings or just generally bizarre stuff. This is my personal
collection of the bizarre: strange names for towns (Dull), funny road signs
(Oncoming Vehicles In Middle Of Road), Strange Products (Mr Brain's Four Faggots),
not-totally-accurate translations (Fresh Sandwiches Are Never Ready), etc.
- Monuments And Famous Stuff
- Archaeological sites, famous monuments, museums, famous landmarks, that kinda thing.
- People I've met, usually people I've stayed with, or at least had interesting
conversations with. Pictures of strangers would fall under Miscellaneous.
- Everything else. If you're looking for scenic shots, sunsets, sunrises, waterfalls,
animals, plants, random people, etc., this is where to look.